Do you know that the people you meet, places you visit, or events in your life leave some energy behind?
The energies you collect from your daily interactions can positively and negatively affect your overall wellness.
Receiving positive energy is good; however, you can attract so much negative energy every day that it builds up within you and ultimately causes discomfort and unpleasant feelings.
If not cleared out, this lump of negative energies can affect your psyche and, in return, change your way of living for the worse.
But don’t be disheartened! Ridding yourself of these negative energies is highly attainable through these 13 spiritual cleansing rituals.
What is Spiritual Cleansing?
Before you ready yourself and your tools, you must first have a clear grasp of spiritual cleansing to have a direction about your spiritual cleansing endeavors.
According to Timothy Burgin from Yoga Basics, spiritual cleansing aims to eliminate negative energy from your mind, body, and spirit by boosting positive energy flow in your life.
It’s a purification ritual that releases you from spiritual blockages and stagnation that might bring distress and dysfunction to your soul.
Spiritual cleansing is also a great way to recharge yourself by nurturing inner peace, balance, and harmony in your life. It will also strengthen your connections with the spiritual realm to help you communicate with your higher self.
By spiritually cleansing yourself and your environment, you will attract an abundance of positive energy and balance your emotions and overall well-being.
13 Spiritual Cleansing Methods and Rituals to Spiritually Detox Yourself
Before beginning any cleansing ritual, make sure to ground yourself first. You can do this through a 5-minute meditation or by accumulating love and gratitude in your heart.
Whichever method you use, the main goal is to focus on removing negativity and attracting positive energy.
After grounding yourself, you can perform various spiritual cleansing rituals and techniques to eliminate negative energies. These include smudging, energetic cleansing with healing crystals, and so on.
You can choose the methods that will perfectly suit your taste and spiritual needs from the following:
1. Smoke Cleansing
Undoubtedly, one of the most popular spiritual cleansing techniques is smoke. According to Dominic Yasay, smoke cleansing has been practiced by people ever since ancient times.
He said that smoke cleansing is different from the practice of smudging. Smudging takes its roots in the vibrant culture of the Native Americans and is specifically practiced by the group.
On the other hand, smoke cleansing is not tied to any culture, which means anyone can perform it.
You can spiritually cleanse yourself through smoke by burning woods, resins, and aromatic plants for health and spiritual purposes.
Burn these herbs around you while visualizing their smoke removing all negative energies. You can use this method for cleansing your home as well. Burn the herbs in different parts of the home but leave a window open to allow negativity to go out.
2. Sound Cleansing
Kerry Ward from Cosmopolitan explained that sound cleansing is another popular method used worldwide for energy cleansing. You can use finger bells, singing bowls, music frequencies, or your voice.
It effectively cleans your aura and the overall atmosphere of your home, which benefits you, your pets, plants, furniture, and even your loved ones.
3. Salt Cleansing
Sarah Coughlin from Refinery29 shared that salt is a valuable spiritual tool you have in your pantry.
Some people use Himalayan Salt for spiritual cleansing, while others opt for a simple kitchen salt.
You can even create your mix of magical salts and use them to scrub your body or simply spread them around the perimeter of your home.
The key is to first bless the salt with positive vibes and the intention of cleansing using visualization techniques. You can also line your windows and doorways with this salt for protection and cleansing.
4. Healing Crystals
Crystals open an entirely new world regarding aura and spiritual cleansing. Some crystals are endowed with the power to clean themselves, whereas few others can spiritually clean those within their energy’s perimeter.
Some great crystals that have amazing vibrations to turn negative energy into positive energy are Kyanite and Selenite.
If you wish to spiritually cleanse a bigger space, you will need a bigger crystal. To cleanse your aura, you can use a selenite wand. Simply use it as an energetic comb and run it from your head to your toes.
However, it’s crucial to note that you must also clean your crystals. Because if they are not cleaned after usage, all the negative energy they absorb will get stuck to them, and they will stop functioning as intended.
You can clean your crystals by keeping them in the direct light of the full moon or other methods suitable for their properties. Thus, it’s important to know your crystals first before utilizing them.
5. Water Cleansing
Showers are great, not just to rid your body of negative energies but also for the clarity of your mind and soul.
When the water gushes over you, fill your heart with light and love, and imagine the water washing away all the negativities. Soaking yourself in a salt bath or swimming in open bodies of water are also great ideas.
For cleansing your home, you can prepare a concoction of sacred water by placing a cup of water under the direct light of the full moon or charging it with crystal energy.
After preparing your sacred water, dip your fingers in this sacred water and flick it all around your home till you feel the energy cleaned out.
6. Light Cleansing
No spiritual detox can be complete without cleansing your energy using light. You can do this by following a few simple steps.
Simply take a big, deep breath, and visualize a cascading waterfall of white light flowing throughout your body.
Think of the light pouring down in all the space around you while cleansing out your body, mind, and spirit. Imagine the light flowing through your spine, cleansing your chakras with the divine light.
Scent has an amazing influence on our vibration, and aromatherapy is a great method for cleansing your aura and space through your olfactory sense.
All you need to do is inhale the calming aroma of essential oils such as orange or lavender. You can also fill an oil diffuser or scrub your favorite essential oil all over your body.
Here is a secret that few people know; our mind is powerful enough to cleanse our aura without needing anything else.
All you need is a bit of practice and some concentration. Visualize yourself in your mind’s eye as encased in a huge white bubble made of pure light.
Visualize the light penetrating all parts of your body and your space. Picture it dissolving all old and unwanted energy and replacing it with positive vibrations. Continue this exercise for a few minutes until you feel thoroughly cleansed.
9. Ground Yourself
According to Barefoot Healing, the earth is blessed with everything we need. It also has the amazing ability to absorb energy and transform it into a different state.
Step outside, remove your shoes and ground yourself whenever you feel down. Connecting your body and soul with the earth cleanses your vibrations and grounds your energy.
Give all of your burdens to the earth and allow her to transform them into healing energy.
10. Summon Your Angels
To get a quick and effective spiritual cleansing, invite your angels for help. Connect with them energetically to clear your vibrations and provide an energetic boost.
You can connect with Archangel Michael and request his protection. Respectfully ask for his assistance in cutting ties with situations and people draining you. You can also ask for his help in eliminating negativity, pain, and fear.
When asked, your Angels would surround you and work as your team of healers who are completely aware of what you need now.
Remember that your angels are always there for your help, and you can summon them whenever you need them.
11. Physically Detox Your Body
Though we are talking about spiritual cleansing, the important thing to remember is that your mind, body, and spirit are all connected.
The others feel the pain of another; that’s why it’s important to be mindful of your overall health.
Giving your physical body some comfort can help alleviate what you feel. That’s why whenever you feel down and emotionally drained, take a quick shower, go to a massage session, or wear comfortable clothes.
12. Move Your Body
Another easy way to spiritually detox your body is to move it. Break a sweat, get some exercise, and let your blood flow throughout your body.
Not only would it help you to sweat out toxins, but it would also help rid you of stress, tension, and negativity.
You don’t need to perform intense or strenuous exercises, as dancing, walking, or jogging are already fine. And if you want to double the positive energy you’ll get, why not exercise in nature?
13. Fill Your Mind & Space with Positivity
The world is filled with so much negativity. That’s why, instead of being weighed down by these external burdens, you must get some space from them.
Set your gadgets down, and detach yourself from technology for a while. Stay away from all sources that trigger negative emotions, such as social media, people, and places.
You may not be able to stay away from these stressors completely, but taking a breather away from them will still benefit you.
How Often Should You Spiritually Cleanse?
How often you spiritually cleanse depends completely on you. Some people prefer to cleanse every day, some once a week, or even once a year.
But, instead of being too strict about cleansing on a schedule, try to understand how your energy makes you feel and let it determine when you need to spiritually cleanse it.
When Should You Perform Spiritual Cleansing?
Though you can perform spiritual cleansing at any time, these are some specific times when it would be best to cleanse your aura and space.
- After an injury, illness, or death happens in your home.
- When new residents move into your home (even new babies) or after some visitors have left your home, try to perform an aura cleansing in your space.
- New and full moons are great times to remind yourself to perform a spiritual cleansing.
- Spiritually cleanse yourself thoroughly after interacting with a toxic or negative person,
- Whenever a new season begins, cleansing rituals are usually performed to introduce new and fresh energy into our lives.
- Whenever you feel depressed, anxious, or unmotivated, you can perform an aura cleanse.
- Make sure to perform spiritual cleansing whenever the surrounding atmosphere has become heavy, or the emotions in the place are supercharged.
- Before you move into a new space, it is recommended to cleanse the energy of the place before moving in your stuff.
Wrapping It Up!
The energies we collect from our day-to-day interactions and experiences can positively or negatively affect our well-being. That’s why when you feel so down and emotionally drained, it means you have plenty of negative energies all over your body.
The best solution to your situation is to spiritually cleanse. Spiritual cleansing aims to eliminate negative energy from your mind, body, and spirit by boosting positive energy flow in your life.
There are various methods you can spiritually cleanse yourself, and it all depends on what rituals and methods work best for you. You also have the complete liberation to choose which times to cleanse according to your spiritual needs.
Discover More About Spirituality
- 23 Best Spiritual Books to Enrich Your Soul
- Celtic Spirituality: A Quick Read
- Demons and Demonic Possessions: Everything You Need To Know
- Esoteric Spirituality: An Introduction
- Shinto Spirituality: Everything You Need To Know
- Spiritual Awakening: The Complete Guide
- Spiritual Caregiving: Your Complete Guide
- Spiritual Confusion: What It Is, Causes & How To Overcome It
- Spiritual Counseling: Everything You Need To Know
- Spiritual Death: Everything You Need To Know
- Spiritual Emptiness: 10 Signs & 11 Ways to Overcome It
- Spiritual Grounding: A Quick Guide
- Spiritual Health: A Comprehensive Guide
- Spiritual Illness: Everything You Need To Know
- Spiritual Meditation (A Guide to Strengthen Your Spirit)
- Spiritual Resilience: The Skill to Overcome Hardships
- The Divine Feminine (A Complete Insight and Ways to Unlock It)
- What Is Spirituality? Your Complete Guide
- 12 Ways To Attain Spiritual Maturity
- 13 Ways to Spiritually Cleanse Yourself
- 7 Healthy Ways to Deal With Anger
- 9 Ways to Spiritually Connect With Nature (A Quick Read)
- How To Be Spiritually Minded (Your Complete Guide To Spiritual Mindedness)
- How to Become A Spiritual Person (23 Ways & 7 Signs)
- How To Build Your Meditation Garden (An Easy Guide)
- How To Connect With The Universe (Everything You Need To Know)
- How To Form A Deeper Connection With God
- How to Heal Your Sacral Chakra (A Quick Guide)
- How to Incorporate Anglican Spirituality In Your Life (A Quick Guide)
- How to Lead a Spiritual Life: 13 Steps and Benefits
- How to Raise a Spiritual Child (Complete Tips and Signs for Parents)
- How To Remove Someone From Your Life (Signs and Ways to Break Free from Toxic Relationships)
- How to Spiritually Attract Money (A Complete Guide)
- God Loves The Broken: How Does Spiritual Brokenness Bring Us Closer to God?
- How Are Spirituality and Science Related? The Two Hands of a Clock (A Quick Read)
- How Does Spirituality Affect The Lives of Millennials? (A Quick Read)
- What Does ‘I am with You in Spirit’ Mean? (Explained)
- What Is Agnosticism? (Explained)