In literal terms, new age spirituality is a diverse and holistic way of practicing our belief system. This spirituality has infused a lot of its teachings from modern self-help literature. Initiating in the West from the 1970s, a huge number of people worldwide have adopted new age spirituality. From concepts such as meditation, Reiki healing, astrology, and tarot, people are gravitating towards practices that are more open to interpretation.
With the constant increase in people turning to the new age culture, a huge number of books about this spirituality have been published. Here is a list of twenty-four amazing new age spirituality books to inspire you –
1. A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle:
– An incredibly popular spiritual leader, Tolle has written multiple books about the new age beliefs. In this book, he talks about disassociating with the ego and living in the now. He emphasizes how changing our individual mindset can help create a new reality. This individual transformation can, in turn create a better earth for humanity. It explores topics like spiritual enlightenment, our purpose and the human evolution.
2. Ask And It Is Given by Esther And Jerry Hicks:
– One of the most influential new age spirituality book, this gives us guideline to manifest our dream life. As per this book, we are all creators who can tune our vibrational frequencies for better outcomes. ‘Ask and it is given’ goes into detail about how we can design our reality using the ‘Law of Attraction’.
3. Becoming Supernatural: How Common People Are Doing The Uncommon by Joe Dispenza:
– New York Times bestseller and scientist Dr. Dispenza talks about the ‘Quantum’. He takes a scientific approach to explain why and how the new age practices work. This is a great book for anyone that is interested in entering the new age sphere but is skeptical about the practices.
4. Creative Visualization by Shakti Gawain:
– Published in the late 1970s, Shakti was one of the first few leaders who wrote about the new age beliefs. In simple terms, creative visualization is the art of visualizing the best case scenario and taking inspired action to create that reality. This is a great tool for setting goals and achieving them successfully. Celebrities such as Oprah, Jim Carrey and Will Smith have talked about practicing this technique.
5. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert:
– Author Elizabeth Gilbert’s book was so successful that it was turned into a movie starring Julia Roberts. Unlike most other books on this list, this book is more personal as the writer shares most of her life story. Themes such as self-discovery, healing a broken heart and becoming more spiritual are explored in this memoir.
6. Mastery Of Self: A Toltec Guide To Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz Jr:
– This is undoubtedly one of the most popular new age books on this list. The writer introduces philosophies of the Toltec culture. Using this ancient wisdom, author Don Miguel shows how we can all be our authentic selves and live in alignment to what we truly are.
7. The Secret by Rhonda Byrn:
Even though some people were aware of the ‘Law of attraction’, this book popularized the world’s manifestation concept. Author Rhonda explains how people use this art to attract more abundance. The book includes multiple affirmations and techniques to manifest easily. This book’s concept of ‘Ask-Believe-Receive’ inspired a lot of other books about law of attraction.
8. The Seven Spiritual Laws Of Success by Deepak Chopra:
– In another book about law of attraction, writer Deepak shows seven ways to achieve spiritual and material success. He emphasizes on letting our purpose detachment, giving more than receiving and getting rid of the ego to manifest with ease. The book includes a program through which we can focus on one law each day of the week.
9. Building A Noble World by Shiv R. Jhawar:
– A wonderful book that depicts how tightly the realms of spirituality, science, and politics are woven together. The book includes quotes from various spiritual teachers. The author suggests practical ways to lead a more peaceful life while also discussing his own spiritual experiences.
10. E-Squared: Nine Do-It-Yourself Energy Experiments That Prove Your Thoughts Create Your Reality by Pam Grout:
– In this book, writer Pam shares nine experiments to show how we can use our energy to create our future. She also shares examples of her own manifestation experiences. If you’re looking for some great manifestation techniques, this book is your best bet!
11. Frequency: The Power Of Personal Vibration by Penney Peirce:
– Another scientific take on spirituality, this new age spirituality book explores the idea of ‘energy’ or ‘frequency.’ Author Penny talks about transforming our lives by simply understanding and shifting our personal vibrations.
12. Hidden Messages In Water by Masaru Emoto, Translated by David A. Thayne:
– This book is an intriguing take on how water molecules can influence our thoughts and feelings. Scientist Emoto details his research outlining the change in water by directing positive affirmations toward it. This book has gone on to become an NYT bestseller.
13. What the Bleep Do We Know!?: Discovering the Endless Possibilities for Altering Your Everyday Reality by William Arntz, Betsy Chasse and Mark Vicente:
– Another book turned into movie; this international bestseller incorporates scientific methods to explore spirituality. Instead of answering, this book gives us thoughtful questions that can help us carve our own answers.
The Mystical Books
14. Kindfulness by Ajahn Brahm:
– Popular spiritual teacher and monk Brahm describes his five stages of meditation. This book shows how to incorporate kindness into our meditation for achieving mindfulness. The writer uses Buddhist philosophies in simple ways that everyone can practice in their daily lives.
15. Sacred Contracts: Awakening Your Divine Potential by Caroline Myss:
– Writer and intuitive Caroline writes about finding our higher purpose in life. She outlines the works of Plato and Jung along with the teachings of Buddha, Jesus, and Muhammad to explain how we can identify our own purpose.
16. Sacred Woman: A Guide To Healing The Feminine Body, Mind, And Spirit by Queen Afua:
– This unique book explores the rare topic of ancestral healing. Incorporating rituals and meditations from Ancient Egypt, the author teaches us about self-love.
17. Spiritual Partnership: The Journey To Authentic Power by Gary Zukav:
– This book talks about growing spiritually through our relationships. Gary Zukav explains the concept of spiritual partnerships and how it can aid in self-discovery and self-growth.
18. The Universe Has Your Back: Transform Fear To Faith by Gabrielle Bernstein:
– In this book, NYT bestseller Gabrielle talks about how the universe works. The writer claims how we are always receiving signs and guidance from the universe.
19. The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael Singer:
– This book was recommended to her viewers by Oprah Winfrey. Writer Michael Singer shows how we can achieve wisdom when we embark on a journey of self-discovery. This bestseller teaches us to identify our consciousness and make better choices in our lives.
20. The Way Of The Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman
– In this new age spirituality book, Dan incorporates fiction and his personal experiences to explain his teachings. By using Buddhist philosophies, he shows how we can become spiritual warriors. The book was later turned into a movie.
21. Understanding Is The New Healing by Dr. Mary Helen Hensley:
– Dr. Mary Helen shares stories of her patients’ healing along with her own spiritual journey in this book. Emotional and inspiring at the same time, this book encourages you to heal and grow into your best self.
The Modern Books
22. In The Meantime: Finding Yourself And The Love You Want by Iyanla Vanzant:
– A best-selling author and life coach, Iyanla explores how positive thinking is vital for a good life. Checking in with our emotions and releasing negative emotions are some important themes explored in this book.
23. Light Is The New Black: A Guide To Answering Your Soul’s Callings And Working Your Light by Rebecca Campbell:
– A new age spirituality book that was created for ‘Lightworkers’. Rebecca describes light workers as beings who are on a mission to raise our planet’s vibration. This book is for anybody who want to learn more about light workers and what their soul purpose is.
24. The Soul Searcher’s Handbook: A Modern Girl’s Guide To The New Age World by Emma Mildon:
– The ultimate guide to new age spirituality, this book is also a fun read. Emma shows easy ways to incorporate new age philosophies and practices into our daily lives. The readers are introduced to new age methods like tarot, astrology, crystals, Fengshui and dream interpretation.
There are so many amazing resources and multiple unique takes on modern day spirituality. Through new age spirituality, people have a choice to pick and practice the ideologies that they can relate to. Because it is inclusive, anyone can adopt this method and embark on their personalized spiritual journey.