Have you been feeling emotionally imbalanced, creatively low or fatigued without any reason? Chances are that you may be experiencing an imbalance or block in your Sacral Chakra.
Intro to Chakras
Chakras, in general, are energy centers in our body. There are seven chakras in total – Root Chakra, Sacral Chakra, Solar Plexus Chakra, Heart Chakra, Throat Chakra, Third Eye Chakra and Crown Chakra. Each chakra relates to a different energy. Having even one chakra imbalanced can create an obstacle in our healing process.
The Sacral Chakra
The ‘Swadhisthana’ commonly known as the Sacral Chakra is the second main chakra located two-three inches below your belly button. Represented by the color Orange, this chakra represents our creative, emotional and sexual energies. It is said that this chakra develops from 8 to 14 years of age. Feminine in nature, the Sacral Chakra is associated with the water element.
How to figure out if you have an imbalanced Sacral Chakra?
The energy of the Sacral Chakra allows us to emote with ease and helps in creative expression. The block or imbalance in the Sacral energy can bring up various physical, emotional and psychological concerns. When this energy is blocked, we can experience mood swings, feeling uninspired, have low self-worth and become easily offended. Physically, it can manifest as having lower energy levels or reproductive issues. On the other hand, if we have an excess of Sacral energy, we might experience material addictions, hypersensitivity, aggression or sexual addiction.
There could be multiple reasons for the imbalance in our Sacral energy. A lot of it has to with our childhood experiences. Reasons like toxic relationships, abuse, body shaming, bullying can all affect our creative and emotional well-being. It is important to be aware of any unhealthy patterns that you might consciously or consciously pick up. You might not be able to notice the symptoms of an unbalanced Sacral Chakra right away. However, the more in-tune you are, the easier it will be.
Like any other chakra, the Sacral Chakra healing is vital for our emotional balance and receptivity. It is also important to recognize if there is a lack or an excess of this energy before starting the healing process.
Different Ways You Can Achieve Sacral Chakra Healing
We all experience an energy imbalance at some point in our lives. All it takes is a little self-awareness and a lot of mental strength to resolve any unhealed chakra concerns. Here are some of the easiest ways for Sacral Chakra healing –
1. Use Healing Crystals – Crystals are known to be quite effective for healing the Sacral Chakra. Crystals like Tiger’s eye, Peach Moonstone, Citrine, Amber, Orange Calcite, Coral and Orange Aventurine work the best. You can use these crystals while meditating or simply carry them with you. You can also use crystal jewelry for Sacral Chakra healing.
While meditating, you can hold these crystals in your hand, close your eyes and imagine an orange circle in the location of your Sacral Chakra. Then, picture this energy moving through your body. You can try this creative visualization for a few minutes to balance your Sacral energy.
2. Incorporate the Color Orange – One of the easiest way to achieve Sacral Chakra healing is to integrate the color orange into your daily routine. This is also known as Color Therapy. You can do this by adding a splash of orange in your home decor, wearing orange-colored outfits or even create art representing the Sacral color.
Additionally, eating foods that are orange in color can also help greatly. You can try consuming peaches, carrots, ginger, mangoes, papaya, coconut, sweet potatoes and pumpkin. You can even infuse your water with orange fruits and consume it.
3. Incorporating Journaling – Self-reflection through Journaling will allow you to become aware of the specific concerns you have with your Sacral energy. This will also help you in becoming mindful of how you feel and what triggers you. The more you get to know yourself, the easier it will be to heal. If you make this a daily practice, you’ll have notes of each of your experiences.
A lot of people get overwhelmed with the idea of writing daily. Journaling doesn’t have to be a tedious task and sometimes, you may not have anything important to write about. Remember that this is only about your self-expression.
4. Be Creative – Expressing yourself creatively is one of the most powerful way to unlock the Sacral energy. Tap into your artistic power and create something for yourself. Put on some music, sing out loud or dance around in your room. Try painting, baking or pick up a completely new hobby. As long as you have fun with it, the creative activity will help you immensely. Belly dancing is a fun way to integrate this energy as well.
Try being spontaneous and don’t worry about the results. Break out of your daily routine every once in a while to do something different. These little acts of creativity will increase your confidence and bring emotional healing.
5. Use Aromatherapy Oils – The Sacral Chakra is all about exploring life with our senses. Incorporating good aromatherapy oils like orange, rosewood, ginger and jasmine would help immensely. You can simply use these oils with a diffuser. Another way to use them is by adding certain oils in your skincare or bath routine.
6. Breath and Yoga Techniques – Breath-work is wonderful tool to balance our energies. Ida Nadi or left-nostril breathing in particular, is quite beneficial for the Sacral. Another great way to balance the Sacral Chakra is through Yoga. Specific postures like the butterfly pose, the goddess pose, cobra pose, the came l pose and the reverse warrior are great for clearing Sacral blocks
Remember that you focus on the progress with each pose and not worry too much about perfecting it. With practice, your body will become flexible you’ll be able to do the Yoga poses with more ease. You can also try any free-flowing movements or dance that allow you to stretch and move.
7. Express your Emotions – A lot of us have been conditioned to suppress our emotions since childhood. This plays out in our personal as well as work relationships. Allow yourself to feel every emotion when it arises. If you delay feeling something because you are too busy for it, chances are it will end up being suppressed. This results in having excessive mood swings. Cleanse yourself through an emotional purge by crying, screaming or laughing to let go of any pent-up feelings.
Any time you experience shame or guilt when you allow yourself to emote, make a note of it. Then make time to sit and figure out what caused the feeling of guilt and shame. Try becoming mindful of your reactions to everything. This is one of the best way you’ll be able to overcome any emotional imbalance.
8. Using Chants and Affirmations – The sound or bija of ‘Vam’ is said to be associated with the Sacral Chakra. You can try chanting this while you meditate or you can listen to Sacral healing music that can be found online. You can also listen to the sound meditation before you sleep so your brain can register the frequency easier.
Affirmations can be of great help for Sacral Chakra healing. You can write these positive affirmations in your journal or speak them out loud every morning in front of a mirror. This will assist in rewriting any limiting thoughts and replace them with more positive ones.
These are some affirmations that you can incorporate into your daily practice –
– “I am creatively confident.”
– “I deserve to experience pleasure.”
– “I express myself creatively.”
– “I love and honor my body.”
– “I am grateful for my creative talents.”
– “I allow myself to heal as per my own timeline.”
– “I release any guilt or shame. I am filled with sacred love.”
– “My life is filled with creativity, beauty and pleasure.”
If you feel more creative, you can even create your own affirmations tailored to your needs. Allow yourself to feel the words. Affirmations work best when they resonate with you and when you practice them daily.
Experiment with few or all the ways you can balance your Sacral Chakra to see what works best for you. Remember that healing takes time and requires constant practice. You only have to heal at your own timeline. The world out there may be in a mad rush to achieve a lot of things, but we don’t have to be. The spiritual journey is all about stepping out of our comfort zones to become more of who we are. You may come across things that trigger you or slow you down. Stay open-minded and learn to be patient with yourself. Chakra healing is one of the ways to help you connect to your intuition. With time, you’ll master your intuition and align easily with your higher self!